Traditionally, the end of the year is a time to assess annual progress and review results. The CUTIS project has an even more ambitious goal. We want to summarize not only the challenging year 2020, but all five years of the project’s activities in Ukraine.
The best way to do this is by sharing real-life stories that capture the impact CUTIS has had on the people, institutions, organizations, and communities that the project has reached.
CUTIS was designed to support higher sustainable economic growth in Ukraine by increasing exports from Ukraine to Canada and investment from Canada to Ukraine. It focused its efforts on assisting Ukrainian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), in particular those led by women and those wishing to improve their environmental performance.
The stories of change were divided into the following five themes:
Improving evidence-based information and analysis to support sound decision making
- A Secret No More: Ukraine is a Modern and Dynamic Global Player
- Establishing Canada as a Desirable Trading Partner for Ukraine
- Using Evidence-Based Analysis to Improve Ukraine’s Export Policy
- Narrowing the Information Gap Brings Canada and Ukraine Closer Than Ever
Improving trade and investment linkages between Ukraine and Canada
- Helping Regional Chambers of Commerce Help Business
- Adapting to Succeed in New Export Markets
- Make What the Buyer Wants. Success Will Follow
- A Displaced Couple Find Success in Furniture
- Ukrainian SMEs Improve Their Business Linkages With Canada
- Encouraging Canadian Investment in Ukraine
Supporting the Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement (CUFTA)
- Implementing CUFTA to the Fullest
- CUFTA 2.0.: Ready, Steady, Go!
- Building Cooperation to Reduce Technical Barriers to Trade
- “Made in Ukraine” Success for Lesya Garment Factory
Supporting gender equality
- Committee of Women Entrepreneurs Launched in Kherson
- Mentoring for Export Success
- Mentorship Builds a Bridge to Cooperation for Women Entrepreneurs
Supporting environmental sustainability
- Ukrainian Organic Agro-Producers Find a Market in Canada
- Expanding into the Canadian Market with Sustainably Certified Veneer
- Environmental Measures Increase Competitive Advantage for Women-Led Company
- Ukrainian Organic Producers Reaching the Canadian Market
- Increasing Competitiveness by Using Less Energy
We believe that our partner organizations—Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce; Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture; Export Promotion Office; regional chambers of commerce and industry; and UkraineInvest—will continue to strengthen the Canada–Ukraine trade and investment relationship and deliver many more success stories in the years ahead.